Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Getting to Jefferson Med?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by yodi, Aug 26, 2002.

1. yodi

yodi See things as they are.
    7+ Year Member

Hello Friends,

Nice to join the community. It's Yodi, because Yogi was taken, and, b'sides, I practice the Yoda philosophy...y'know, "do or do not, there is no try."

So, my question: Any advice on transportation to Jefferson Med in Philly? I got their interview invite last week (my first!) an' I realize i should get some plans going.

...btw, for all of you working hard on your 2ndaries, it is an extremely encouraging feeling to get your first interview...so keep up the good work and results will come.
    ;)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jkai

jkai Member
    7+ Year Member

Congratulations!!!

I think the easiest way to get to Jefferson from the airport (assuming that you are flying from CA) is to use the Septa regional rails. Take R1 from the airport to the Market East Station. It's about a thirty-minute ride and Jefferson is only two blocks away from the station.

4. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    nice! When did you get your secondary in? Care to comment on your stats?

5. xaelia

xaelia neenlet
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    You should get another little packet of interview information in the mail that includes a brochure with directions "By Air" and "By Train" and "By Car" etc. The "By Air" instructions direct you to the SEPTA Regional Rail R1 to 30th St. station, and then to transfer to a train to Market East. I think the train ends up being about $3 each way. You shouldn't have any trouble finding the train at the airport.

My interview will be on the 9/25. PM me if you have any questions.