GF and I are going to the SEC Championship game on Saturday!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coprolalia

Bored Certified
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, boy!

One of the nice advantages of having some increased disposable income is I just scored a couple of tickets to the SEC game on Saturday! Pretty awesome seats, too. Just $1400 for the pair. :eek:

Now, I'm working on a couple of last minute plane tickets to Atlanta. Haven't told the current GF yet.

So what do you guys think: should I tell her early (like today) or wait? She likes surprises and would probably be psyched if I told her on Friday to "pack-up for the weekend".

This might become one of the most epic college football games of all time. And, I'm going to be sitting in the stands. :thumbup:

-copro

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know she is off for sure on Saturday? No other prior arrangements?

If you know the above, and if it is clear, book it! Surprise her, women love that stuff.

take me instead. You can take your GF to Pasadena instead. Chicks dig the Left coast more than Hotlanta.
Go Gators!

Members don't see this ad :)
take me instead. You can take your GF to Pasadena instead. Chicks dig the Left coast more than Hotlanta.
Go Gators!

Gators? Puhleeeze.

No take me! Admin at UA only gave 800 tickets to undergrad students. RTR anyway

In my neck of the woods 1/3 of the medical staff will be at that game.

So, scream if you need a surgeon or anesthesiologist. There will be hundreds or more there.

Blade

Another twitter post, huh.

I'm sitting in front of my fifty-deuce which is where I will be when the game is on.

$1400 for 2 tickets? ****, thats a days worth of heli lifts in AK. I'll stay put for this one.

Another twitter post, huh.

Hey, I thought I was on ignore. ;)

I'm sitting in front of my fifty-deuce which is where I will be when the game is on.

$1400 for 2 tickets? ****, thats a days worth of heli lifts in AK. I'll stay put for this one.

More power to you. We're flying out tomorrow night. Staying at the Omni downtown. Enjoy the show from your 52-incher.

:)

-copro

Tell her before you book a plane ticket in her name. This will give you time and flexibility for a backup chick should she say no.

Come on. Give the man some credit. Copro, suprise her if she's the type that can hang with that.

cf

Hey Cop-
If you get her here and she gets the flu, a headache, or any other lame excuse not to go to the game, send me a PM! I'm in ATL, and would be happy to fill in at the game. Otherwise, have a great time.

enjoy the game, should be a battle for the ages.

As a huge college football fan, i really want to watch this game... but I don't know if i can handle listening to everyone, from the college gameday crew to the announcers of the actual game, practically sucking off Tebow... last weeks game made me sick. I'm almost more intrigued by the UC vs Pitt game.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats incredible!!!!
You know.....the part about you having a girl friend.

Do you have to book a seat for a Real Doll? Or can you check it with the rest of your luggage?

GO TIDE!! Tebow is one of the most overrated players in the history of college football.

What a great game it has been :)

As much as I dislike hearing about Tebow day in and day out on college gameday (coming from a UT Volunteer's fan who has seen Tebow throw the jump pass and run all over our defense waay too many times), I dunno if you can really call him overrated in college football. I don't think he's going to excel in the NFL, but as a D1 NCAA quarterback over 4 years he really has stats (and big game finishes/style) that are second to none.. can't call him overrated.. I cringe upon hearing his name but that's only because of how great he's been at Florida the last 3 (really 4) years.

Today just proved that it's impossible to win all the time. 'Bama was clearly the better team *today*. Anyone who watches a lot of sports knows the "any given sunday rule" but there are always those who for whatever reason idolize a team/player and whenever they lose, tend to think less of them. No one should think less of Tebow for the game today, he's still an amazing college football player. Undoubtedly one of the most uniquely utilized quarterbacks in the history of NCAA football. If anything there were just ridiculously unrealistic expectations for FL this year, I don't think any less of the team for not going to the NC game. McElroy played an outstanding game today and 'Bama overall was just better prepared and coached. just the facts, doesn't take anything away from what Tebow has done at Florida.

Mm, a greaty game followed up by a possible domestic violence incident with the girl I know living under me.

Terrific night.

Tebow is one of the most overrated players in the history of college football.

Oh yeah, he has pretty much sucked year in and year out (rolling my eyes).

I pretty much don't even care about about college football, but come on dude, are you even remotely serious?

Tebow is freaking Jesus. I actually felt bad at getting amusement out of his crying after his respectful interview. I want to hate him so badly, but it's so hard!!!

Oh yeah, he has pretty much sucked year in and year out (rolling my eyes).

I pretty much don't even care about about college football, but come on dude, are you even remotely serious?

Yep - he's serious - and he's correct. :laugh:

Yep - he's serious - and he's correct. :laugh:

I'm a woman, btw, odd as that may sound, I just love college football to obsession levels - and yeah, Tebow may be good, but a mediocre Michigan team beat him in the Capital One Bowl in 2008 - he was nothing special then, and yesterday he was very subpar, especially compared to the significantly younger (and, yes, cuter lol) McElroy - yes, a QB can't deliver every week, but he's had some close calls this year too against teams not nearly as good as 'Bama - he would have stood up to more scrutiny had it been a close game, which it wasn't

Awesome. Simply awesome.

Can't say anything more... except... worth every penny I spent.

:D

-copro

Awesome. Simply awesome.

Can't say anything more... except... worth every penny I spent.

:D

-copro

Did they show Tebow crying on the big video screen?

Did they show Tebow crying on the big video screen?

That screen was amazing, but I don't recall them flashing Tebow up there at the end. (Not to say that they didn't.) We had such amazing seats that I wasn't looking at that screen much.

-copro