GI fellowship applications for 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, is that the reason why Bayview hasn't downloaded the documents. It is ridiculous that ERAS still shows them as separate programs and charges 25$ for each. We should perhaps ask ERAS about this dysfunctional system. ERAS simply writes disclaimers saying its program's responsibility to..... and applicant's responsibility that we contact programs..... just so that they make money without any liability.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks foryour reply inguy. I have a friend who interviewed met one of the UT Houston residents and was told that the PD "Dr. LeSage" is also leaving and the fact that they have an "interim - chief" right now , I feel adds some instability to the program. Anyone else have any clues?

Do you think that how true or sincere the feed-back from the programs is? Are they just general feed-back? Or they truly express their feeling? I wrapped up all my interviews in the last week and try to make my preliminary ranking list. After I reviewed the feed-back from the programs in response to my thanks email, I do not know which program truly likes me because all the feed-back is nice polite emails. Nothing specific. Of course, only 30-40% programs gave me feed-back (I mean responding to my thanks email). How you guys think about it?

Members don't see this ad :)
That list actually doesn't make any sense. My feeling is that it is outdated. Chandrasekhar Thukral who is listed as a 2nd year fellow seems to be in practice in Illinois. Seema Maroo, listed as a third year fellow has been listed as faculty at Cleveland CLinic and BIDMC... Leffler dfefinitely is not first year, neither is Moss. I don't see the name of one of the other fellows I met anywhere on the list. Something wrong somewhere.
Hi Ayakkadan: How do you think about BIDMC? Do you receive any feed back from them? During interview, they were very nice. But post-interview, for me, they were very quite.

Hi Ayakkadan: How do you think about BIDMC? Do you receive any feed back from them? During interview, they were very nice. But post-interview, for me, they were very quite.

Almost the same experience. They were very nice during the interview. The replies to the 'Thank you' mail were fairly non-commital. I suppose they cannot really talk much more about matches at present.

Could someone please enlighten me on this issue? Is it possible for someone who did a 4-year basic science research track fellowship to work in private practice once out of the program? or is that person obligated to be in an academic setting? Thank you.

It has been long time since the last post here. Do you guys start making ranking list? I have two more interviews in May, and then I am done. However, at least, I already had my preliminary ranking list in my heart. After finishing most of my interviews, I found that a few programs that I was interviewed either withdraw or do not participate match (already donate their positions for out-of-match). Therefore, there are no too many programs left in my list. Do you guys think how many programs in the list can give you more comfortable feeling? ( I know is a tough questions). :sleep:

Hi anyone knows which all programs have offered prematch and made cuts in their quotas??

Bye bye

Last edited: