Gift Basket for an Ex-Premed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uscmk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So a friend of mine just dropped out of the pre-med game, and for her birthday, I wanted to fill up a gift basket with funny/cute things that she would need to be equipped with for life outside suffering and studying (or are they merely synonyms?) Some ideas I've come across so far:

• A Sephora giftcard, because God knows I hardly have the time to get dolled up and go out on a Friday night
  • Shot glasses, since she'll actually have the time to party like a business major!
  • Movie passes, again because of a surge in free time
  • An eye mask, since she will definitely be getting more shut-eye in days to come
  • ... your ideas?
Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sunglasses... for that thing in the sky that gives light... the sun, right? Since she'll be able to go outside.

you guys, it's a joke, and we do it to ourselves. if we all went low-key, the adcoms would have to accept it.

Yes, obviously a joke. Lighten up, guys! It's just a birthday present :)

I'm loving the sunglasses idea, thanks!!

I think the eye mask and sunglasses ideas are both really funny :laugh:.

However, I have nothing meaningful to add to this thread. :p

How about a book she might actually LIKE reading!

That's what I've enjoyed since I've been in my 'gap year.'

:c)

I feel bad for people who make this pre-med thing a lot harder than it really needs to be

I feel bad for people so caught up in it that they somehow lost their sense of humor in Chapter 24 of their O Chem book.

How about a book she might actually LIKE reading!

That's what I've enjoyed since I've been in my 'gap year.'

:c)

I feel bad for people so caught up in it that they somehow lost their sense of humor in Chapter 24 of their O Chem book.

I second the book idea!

I've been enjoying finally dusting off the numerous novels I had tossed away in my bookshelf and getting to read them over break : )

How about condoms?

Yes, obviously a joke. Lighten up, guys! It's just a birthday present :)

hahah yeah this thread is so funny LOL!

hotrod_condoms.jpg

Edit: Damn! Someone beat me to it already.

How about a balloon to fill with the overinflated premed ego?

hahaha all great ideas, i love it i love it

Well, I don't know how soon you are looking to put this basket together, but if you wait ~5 years, a photo of you as a tired, lifeless resident should do it...

A refund check dated 6 years from now for 250,000 dollars signed by your med school of choice.

U cant go wrong with condoms. I talked with some pre-med kids at the library today. I've never in my life seen so many people who needed to get laid so badly.