Gift for graduating med student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nate

Missing
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched the forums and only found suggestions for entering med students. My best friend, hes a brother to me, is graduating this year and he just passed his boards. What can I get him as a gift that he doesnt already have from being in med school for 4 years?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

What can I get him as a gift that he doesnt already have from being in med school for 4 years?

money. lots.

I haven't graduated yet, so I don't know anything specific, but I think a gift certificate to a good restaurant is something any med/exmed student would be thrilled to have. When money's tight going out to eat can be a big deal and getting to do it for free would be fantastic. Just my $0.02

Members don't see this ad :)
His wife makes good money so hes not tight in that department. The gift certificate is a good idea, although I was hoping for something more.. medical. Thanks again

A gold-plated stethoscope, you know, the one carried by the old attending doc in "Scrubs"...

Give him a skydiving session for him and his wife. Those things are wicked fun.

Get him a mistress. I'm sure he'd appriciate it.:D

How about a new palm pilot or pocket PC...if he's a 4th year, he probably has one of those old black and white ones w/ very little memory. The new ones are cool as heck.

No, don't buy him a new palm pilot or palm pc or anything else medical for that matter. He probably already has a decent one, and if he doesn't, his residency program may either provide him with one or provide him with an educational fund that can be used to purchase one or more books. Just because he's in medicine doesn't mean that you to buy him something medical. If you were an accountant, would you want something accounting related all the time, or a lawyer, garbage man, etc? I don't understand why when people know that you are in medicine, they feel compelled to purchase something medically related for you as a gift.

Darth Vader, ME, DE
ME: Master of Evil
DE: Doctor of Evil

Hey Vader, if Doctor of Medicine is M.D., shouldn't Doctor of Evil be E.D. instead of D.E? Shouldn't your name be Darth Vader, ME ED?

Originally posted by Retro
Darth Vader, ME, DE
ME: Master of Evil
DE: Doctor of Evil

Hey Vader, if Doctor of Medicine is M.D., shouldn't Doctor of Evil be E.D. instead of D.E? Shouldn't your name be Darth Vader, ME ED?

:rolleyes:

I didn't name the degree, I am only a recipient. And DO is doctor osteopathy, so I don't think that it's that unreasonable that DE is doctor of evil.

give him a brand new, crisp one dollar bill and tell him it's to help pay back all his loans. lol :D