Gifts for 1st Year of Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Renaissance Man

Saving the World
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend will be graduating from college and starting dental school this summer. I was hoping to get her an awesome tangible (and possibly useful) gift for her dental school years. I was maybe thinking the new iPad, but I don't know how much use that would get. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Instead of shelling out ~half a grand on a toy/gadget, how about a vacation together before school starts.

If you really want to get something tangible then I guess an iPad is fine. I think iPad 2 is going for a good discount because of the new one coming out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Instead of shelling out ~half a grand on a toy/gadget, how about a vacation together before school starts.

If you really want to get something tangible then I guess an iPad is fine. I think iPad 2 is going for a good discount because of the new one coming out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I agree. We have been saving for a trip together for the last two years though and will be going after graduation. Can't really use that as a gift now haha.

I think it is very useful in dental school. especially if the school is big on using power points. being able to use the stylus to write and draw on diagrams and pictures is very helpful. but is it absolutely necessary, nope.

Don't buy anything. Chicks like real men who don't buy them gifts.

Get her an apron for the kitchen.
(this is a joke for the sarcasm-deficient people out there)

You could buy her scrubs for her school if she needs them for first year or a nice piece of jewelry to wear for her white coat ceremony =)

Buy her a flask, she's gunna need it.

Thanks for all of the replies (both serious, and gag ones too). She recently asked for a nice purse/bag for dental school....kind of boring IMO, but I am not the one using it! I think my dilemma is solved, just wanted to let you kind dental people know so that you can all sleep well tonight. :)