Gifts to supervisors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Childdoconeday

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing my pre-doctoral internship in a few weeks, I can't believe it. Just wanted to ask how you all feel about giving a nice gift to a clinical supervisor? The gift idea I have would cost around $30.

Members don't see this ad.

I've given little gifts to all clinical sups I've had over the years, I think it's a nice gesture. Something like a nice potted plant, a mug + some nice tea/coffee, or a quality box of chocolates, and a thank you card.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm finishing my pre-doctoral internship in a few weeks, I can't believe it. Just wanted to ask how you all feel about giving a nice gift to a clinical supervisor? The gift idea I have would cost around $30.

Congrats on finishing!!! As for gifts for supervisors, I think that is a very thoughtful and nice idea. My internship cohorts and I did something similar for our primary supervisors. I also think that total amount is fine, especially if its in the form of an actual gift rather than a gift card!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on finishing!!! As for gifts for supervisors, I think that is a very thoughtful and nice idea. My internship cohorts and I did something similar for our primary supervisors. I also think that total amount is fine, especially if its in the form of an actual gift rather than a gift card!

Check with your facility rules, if you are in an organization. Sometimes there is stated limit of gift limit. Although I usually see it stated as between a patient and staff. Although I have also seen some places state that supervisors cannot accept gifts. I don't see anything wrong with the above, I'd just double check with any employee handbook you may have, so things don't get needlessly complicated due to some silly admin rule.

Reactions: 2 users
Check with your facility rules, if you are in an organization. Sometimes there is stated limit of gift limit. Although I usually see it stated as between a patient and staff. Although I have also seen some places state that supervisors cannot accept gifts. I don't see anything wrong with the above, I'd just double check with any employee handbook you may have, so things don't get needlessly complicated due to some silly admin rule.

Oh, good point! Definitely make sure this isn't explicitly prohibited by your organization first!

The organization I work for has a $10 limit on gifts from employees to supervisors.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app