Girlfriend and Pelvic Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol you helped some imgs with some words so now you're a step 1 expert. Your wife took step 1 so now you're basically a medical student. I guess Melinda Gates is gonna come out with a new version of Microsoft soon
Melinda Gates was an executive at MSFT before she married it. So that's pretty different.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Good points JoshSt. I was being a bit disingenuous in that first quoted statement. I found the condescending attitude to whoever I was responding to, to be a bit overbearing. The poster gave me the feeling that they think very highly of their own intellect, so I wanted to see how they would react when I challenged it. My suspicion was confirmed.

I honestly don't think one or the other is better or more difficult than the other. They are two different modes of thought. The reason I am willing to spend 7 - 9+ years is because I honestly do not like what I currently do. Academic Engineering is interesting and challenging. Corporate Engineering is tedious, monotonous and more often than not, a waste of time. I want to spend my efforts on something more meaningful.

Very reasonable logic and I understand the emotional responses. I wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh yeah.

Shjanezy, you make some decent points, and as long as you come a little more moderate with your stance (to I don't know everything about medical school, USMLE, etc. etc.) I'll be able to sleep at night.

Agree, I don't know everything.

Speaking of USMLE, you don't know the type of questions that will be asked (along with the info). It's OK, you'll learn it. Knowing what you know now about USMLE (structure, format, length) is literally < 5 minutes of thought. You think you know how to prepare for it based off what you read. That may work for you, but there are extremely variable ways for people to study for Step 1. You'll find the best method for you as you adapt your studying patterns through the first 2 years.

Agree, good points

I don't think med school is the hardest thing in the world, and free time definitely exists throughout all years. I am not debating that point with you.

Having a job, taking classes, and studying for the MCAT concurrently is probably harder than medical school. However, not all of that is pure studying. Imagine spending 2/3 of the time as above but using it only to study. There is a large difference between studying for 4 hours a day and studying 8 hours a day. Motivation is harder to come by, things start to meld together, etc. etc.

Yes. I am currently working on strategies to tackle this when I encounter it.

Thanks for a productive discussion.

(Sorry to derail the derail that got derailed)