girls! purse at interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinay58

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i was wondering if this purse is appropriate for an interview since i have an interview coming up and would like to use this bag

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What color is your suit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

If an interviewer rejects you based on a purse (and I think that one looks pretty normal), they arent fit to be an interviewer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Related purse-question: how big of a purse do I need? I got a cute-looking burgundy satchel thing (to match my cordovan shoes), and it's like....smaller than paper sized (nothing obnoxious like a clutch, just a smaller bag). Do I need a huge bag? Do I need to take it back? Halp!

I think it's probably okay with a black or grey suit. It's really cute!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I bought a plain, professional looking black purse at Target specifically for interviews. Wasn't that much since I got it from target. It was big enough to easily put a folder in (most schools give you a folder of stuff).

I bought a plain, professional looking black purse at Target specifically for interviews. Wasn't that much since I got it from target. It was big enough to easily put a folder in (most schools give you a folder of stuff).

^I second this. I brought a bag big enough to hold a portfolio writing pad and the folder they give you during interview

^I second this. I brought a bag big enough to hold a portfolio writing pad and the folder they give you during interview
Also some things I packed just in case:

-Mini lint roller
-Pads and tampons
-Dental floss
-Mints
-Extra pen
-Portfolio
-Advil, Tylenol, Immodium (there was just no way I was going to deal with diarrhea for any reason on interview day...my bowels act weird when I'm nervous and oh man I was SO nervous because it was basically my future and I really couldn't reapply next year)

I was definitely over prepared but it all worked out haha! Good luck ladies :)

Something good to remember for selecting attire/accessories for interviews is that the majority of interviewers are likely 40-60+ yo men and some women who are mostly Caucasian (statistically) and conservative (not necessarily politically). So pick accordingly. First impressions will definitely be set by your attire, appearance, and accessories, but if you choose well such won't be THE significant factor in your being remembered, which is actually what you should want.

Something good to remember for selecting attire/accessories for interviews is that the majority of interviewers are likely 40-60+ yo men and some women who are mostly Caucasian (statistically) and conservative (not necessarily politically). So pick accordingly. First impressions will definitely be set by your attire, appearance, and accessories, but if you choose well such won't be THE significant factor in your being remembered, which is actually what you should want.
So is the pictured bag not conservative enough?

so i was wondering if this purse is appropriate for an interview since i have an interview coming up and would like to use this bag
s-l300.jpg
http://www.sssyrah.com/

Subscribe to this 2nd year med student's blog at ACOM. She will keep you up to date on white coat fashion tips.