Give it to me straight (WAMC DO schools)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do I have a shot to get an interview somewhere (i don't care where)?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Mr.IceHockey

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
sGPA: 3.0
cGPA: 3.45
Graduate science GPA: 3.51
(Johns Hopkins)
ORM (white male)
New York Resident
MCAT:
499 (47th%) (CP: 123, CARS: 125, BIO: 125, PS: 126) (second time taking it, 5 point increase)

Additional ECs:

-volunteer fireman
-Tons of research experience (full time job, medically relevant, plus publications)
-over 800+ hours of clinical exposure/volunteer experience (shadowing, unpaid volunteer internships, etc).
-DO letter/shadow experience
-Eagle Scout
-Phlebotomist
-Current job is working at Walter Reed as a research associate for the Army/DOD (i'm a civilian, but really want to do HPSP)
Ok so, I just got my MCAT back and while I did improve, I didnt get what I really wanted. MD schools are obviously out of the question, but what about DO? I already sent in my app and released my scores. I am worried about that CP section big time.......

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
MD: DOA
Most DO schools: DOA
Newest DO schools, LECOM, Western? Maybe.
Your MCAT score history puts you in a risk zone for failing out of med school , and/or failing Boards.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MD: DOA
Most DO schools: DOA
Newest DO schools, LECOM, Western? Maybe.
Your MCAT score history puts you in a risk zone for failing out of med school , and/or failing Boards.

Thank you. I did apply to LECOM and Western and all new DOs. Just hoping for an interview.

You should be able to receive interviews at some DO schools so apply to all of these:

ACOM

ARCOM

BCOM

WCU-COM

LMU-DCOM

UP-KYCOM

WVSOM

UIWSOM

VCOM (all 3 schools)

NYIT-Arkansas

RVU-Utah

Idaho (new school)

LUCOM

LECOM

You should be able to receive interviews at some DO schools so apply to all of these:

ACOM

ARCOM

BCOM

WCU-COM

LMU-DCOM

UP-KYCOM

WVSOM

UIWSOM

VCOM (all 3 schools)

NYIT-Arkansas

RVU-Utah

Idaho (new school)

LUCOM

LECOM

@Faha thank you. I applied to all of those except the one in idaho (not open yet). Thanks for the feedback. Any ideas what I can do on the back end post secondary?