1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Give The Dentist You Shadowed Some Love!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Pressforward, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Pressforward

Pre-Dental
    hey all,

This is a page that gives a thank you to the Dentist that allowed you to either volunteer w/ or shadow as you were finishing or still finishing your pre -dent studies.

My Dentist is Tarek Zaki. http://www.zakidds.com/. Dr. Zaki is a well accomplised Orthodontist who recieved his DDS from Columbia and was once the President of the Tidewater Orthodontics society!! His office rocks! Flat screen TVs over every operating bed, a big one in the front room and pictures upon pictures of underwater shots w/ fishes. (He's a fishing nut! and loves his boat!) His staff loves me...and I think one of the girls has a slight crush on me. :)

He's hilarious and rrreally down to earth...and he improved my smile. Not bad. I can shadow him anytime I want and volunteer with procedures. He's a great inspiration.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. thebozz1975

He might be a great guy, but his website is awful. In Firefox, the menu on the left is all jumbled and the words overlap.

4. gkhan

Pre-Dental
    i was about to point that out, but thought it wouldn't be nice.

the "Welcome to our website!" has a line going through it as if it was marked off. not sure if that was the intended effect :0

i've seen amateurs with better websites. he needs to shell out some $$$ and get a real site :0

5. thebozz1975

Family is there for telling you that you're the best even when you quite honestly are not. I come to this forum for honest and accurate info. That's the approach I take to posting also.

6. DGDDS

Dentist

Resident [Any Field]
    Wow, I think the OP didn't post this thread so we could critique his mentor's website.

7. thebozz1975

Yes, but someone clearly needs to wave a skunk in front of this orthodontist (or at least his website) ...

8. DGDDS

Dentist

Resident [Any Field]
    Does the orthodontist read this thread?
    You might call him or email him if it bothers you so much :)

9. thebozz1975

Walk over to the Carolina Brewery and order a Franklin Street Lager with a side of Sense of Humor.

10. DGDDS

Dentist

Resident [Any Field]
    Haha, you've been to Franklin Street then I take it?

11. thebozz1975

Yeah, it's all cool. UNC is tops in my book for dental.

12. DGDDS

Dentist

Resident [Any Field]
  13. sl2obel2ts

sl2obel2ts i like tomatoes

Dentist
    i thanked my dentist by writing a long and very strong recommendation on yelp.com.

14. Pressforward

Pre-Dental
    So his website isn't great...woopty doo...I guess that's a make it or break it for some. I judge a mentor based upon his or her character and skills as a dentist. but I don't know..that's just silly ol' me.

Does anyone else have a mentor they'd like to give a shout out to? Thats the point of the thread ya know :)

15. wetsum3

Pre-Dental
    I had a lot of help from the dentists i shadowed. One in particular. Now I'm working for him until I start school. Great guy, great dentist.

www.thomas-dental.com

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. gogiantsss

Pre-Dental

your main man spelled orthodontics wrong on his website. :p