Glendale, CA -- primary care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halodoctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howcome all the primary care physicians in california are IM doctors???

Most of them are FMGs, so you would think that they would do family because it is easier to get into?

This is one of those thorns in my side and I was curious to hear what others think...

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, that's interesting... I've lived in Southern California all my life until I went to med school and I don't think all primary care physicians in California are IM. Every single one of my primary has been a FM physician. Compared to many metropolitan regions in the U.S., family medicine seems pretty strong there. Most FM residencies in Southern California don't have any or have very few FMG's. Could it be that FM is more competitive than IM in California??? I don't know, I never really looked into IM programs in California.

I think FM has very strong representation in California -- some of the best FM programs are in CA.

Halodoc, where are you getting the information about IM in California?

I think FM has very strong representation in California -- some of the best FM programs are in CA.

Halodoc, where are you getting the information about IM in California?

just personal observation (not too reliable)

it helps to hear about this from you guys... thanks.