• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

Knickerbocker

10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2006
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Oh, figured it out. The Examkrackers biology book has most of the steps italicized; the big Kaplan review book has a note saying that I don't need to know the individual reactions for the MCAT.

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Knickerbocker said:
Oh, figured it out. The Examkrackers biology book has most of the steps italicized; the big Kaplan review book has a note saying that I don't need to know the individual reactions for the MCAT.

Yeah, if there's a passage on glycolysis/Krebs, they'll give you the relevant reactions. Know basic things, like final products, moles ATP generated, etc. Also, be sure to understand negative feedback loops, as this is most likely what will be tested by a glycolysis/Krebs passage.

Oh yeah, and know where in the cell this all happens- I can see them asking a question like "At what pH will phosphofructokinase function optimally?"

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.