Quantcast

Glycolysis details

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knickerbocker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh, figured it out. The Examkrackers biology book has most of the steps italicized; the big Kaplan review book has a note saying that I don't need to know the individual reactions for the MCAT.

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Knickerbocker said:
Oh, figured it out. The Examkrackers biology book has most of the steps italicized; the big Kaplan review book has a note saying that I don't need to know the individual reactions for the MCAT.

Yeah, if there's a passage on glycolysis/Krebs, they'll give you the relevant reactions. Know basic things, like final products, moles ATP generated, etc. Also, be sure to understand negative feedback loops, as this is most likely what will be tested by a glycolysis/Krebs passage.

Oh yeah, and know where in the cell this all happens- I can see them asking a question like "At what pH will phosphofructokinase function optimally?"

nikorette

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
know where it happens and what the final products are. Not the products of each step, but the overall rxn. Anything else might at most be one point!