Glycolysis in TBR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaCkO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Iam reading the chapter on glycolysis in TBR and iam just bombed by the amount of information presented and the names of compounds involved. I see alot of organic chemistry and biochemistry plugged in.
Does any one know the level of knowledge that i should take out of this Chapter.
I have read Glycolysis before in other books like princeton and it was much simpler and easier to understand.
If any one has any suggestions or recommendations please do
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
Iam reading the chapter on glycolysis in TBR and iam just bombed by the amount of information presented and the names of compounds involved. I see alot of organic chemistry and biochemistry plugged in.
Does any one know the level of knowledge that i should take out of this Chapter.
I have read Glycolysis before in other books like princeton and it was much simpler and easier to understand.
If any one has any suggestions or recommendations please do
Thanks

Do not memorize Glycolysis like you would for Biochem. You don't need to.

DO, however, be familiar with the compounds and of course the process itself. Most likely if they are going to be that detailed in a passage, it will involve them diagramming out the process.

Don't memorize everything. Just make sure you can understand the reasoning and biochem behind each step. In the MCAT, you might be shown a similar pathway and are expected to be able to analyze and answer questions about it from the info presented.

I think you should know when (what step) and what (substrates) are involved in the energy producing steps.