Glycolysis/Krebs/ETC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Folks

Whats the most difficult question you've encountered in this area? EK appears to be saying that you just need to know stuff at a higher level (#ATPs/turn, NADH, FADH2, and some other high level detail)

Do I need to memorize all the stuff about acetyl CoA, the triphosphates etc etc etc?

Of course, its late now, better late than you know what

Members don't see this ad.

TripleDegree said:
Folks

Whats the most difficult question you've encountered in this area? EK appears to be saying that you just need to know stuff at a higher level (#ATPs/turn, NADH, FADH2, and some other high level detail)

Do I need to memorize all the stuff about acetyl CoA, the triphosphates etc etc etc?

Of course, its late now, better late than you know what

Naw bro, no need to memorize the intermediates.

Make sure you can follow the carbons, which one gets decarboxylated etc. also, Location of each process, stuff like that. actually maybe you should memorize the key intermediates, OAA, etc.

No intermediates, no enzymes, no extra stuff.

Just the basic stuff: Know the 2/2/2 from glycolysis and where you get the NADH, FADH, ATP. Know what happens in the ETC and who is the final e acceptor. Know when you get fermentation, lactic acid, ethanol, etc. Know where each stage occurs (cytosol, mitochondria, etc.). Know about ATP synthase and the proton gradient.
etc.