GMAT Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bearkat1

bearkat1
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are in the MD/MBA program, how and how long did you prep for the GMAT?

Does anyone have any practice test in electronic formats that they wouldn't mind sharing?:D

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not in MD/MBA, but I studied for about 7 weeks while working fulltime.
As for the GMAT, there is a free e-version on mba.org.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any suggestions on prep books?

Any suggestions on prep books?
I used a Kaplan one (not gmat 800, probably overkill) and the official GMAC one. Def get the GMAC official one. I thought Kaplan was good. Those 2 were sufficient for me. Cost maybe 50 bucks total or something. Onlines cheaper if you have time of course. I got 740. I studied a month or two softcore and maybe 2 weeks hardcore. Nothing like the MCAT

Is the Kaplan GMAT's style similar to its SAT version? I found Kap's SAT prep to not be that great, while Barron's was a lot better. Is Kap's comprehensive enough if it's used in conjunction with the official guide? thanks

Is the GMAT required for direct admission to the MD-MBA joint programs?

Ah...that's true, a select few schools did have direct admission now that I think back. Almost no one applies to these though I think. For me personally I was much more concerned about getting into med school, as I think that is the limiting step, similar to MD PhD programs. You'll have to check the schools websites or call them for that, as I think you'll encounter very few ppl to whom direct admission to MD MBA applies. People interested in MD MBA at all are somewhat rare as it is.