GME APPLICATION

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texaswife

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently working on application for residency in AF. Maybe I'm an idiot but I cannot for the life of me find where to download the forms that need to be uploaded to MODS. The only place I find them is the packet of instructions on the air force physician ed website and when downloaded there I cannot type on them, and it says everything needs to be typed.

I have sent emails about many other issues and so far they are all unanswered. The website has its quirks, to say the least.

Members don't see this ad.

The Navy does not have SPECIFIC forms to be filled out...so I am not sure what you are referring to. The Navy has required documents that we are suppose to attach...and they include:
-medical school transcripts
-licensure examination transcripts
-last 5 Fitreps
-PD recommendation (for PGY-2 applicants)
-Summative End of training evaluation performed by program director (for PGY-2 applicants)
-CO endorsement (PGY-2 applicants for those on GMO/FS/UMO tours)

We also need our medical school to forward these documents to our GME liason:
-Letters of Recommendation
-Dean's Letter

You also need to have an interview performed by residency programs you apply to and the interviewers are suppose to submit the interview sheets on MODS.

I would do your best to get in touch with your USAF MODS rep or your GME office. Attaching the documents is easy...and if you need help with that let me know.

Thanks

AF is requiring a couple sheets like a weight statement that even states that while it is filled out by qualified personnel, the name must be typed.

We also need to submit 2nd choice forms , pgy1 only and some others

It's interesting that your school is forwarding lor's. As far as I understand (I hope I'm wrong) we have to upload them ourselves even though we have signed for eras that we can't see them. (It specifically says to request them sent to ourselves and to upload them). I've tried daily to contact gme with no success

The Navy has an online system called Bupers Online which has PRIMS which electronically tracks all of our PRTs. I would talk to your commands PRT (or whatever your equivalent is) coordinator and he/she could get you copies of your last 5 or so BCA/PRT results.

You can upload your own recommendations...but I am also applying civilian...so in the interesting of not violating my waived right to see LoRs...I am just having my med school forward those recommendations to our GME coordinator.

I love the PEOPLE of the military...but hate the structure. It is nearly impossible to find out who to reach and I couldn't imagine how bad it was before the invention of the internet. It really is only word of mouth that you learn anything as far as PoCs go.

Keeping with the theme of "word of mouth"...I would recommend calling of the major military hospital GME offices. They may not be able to help you, but they are more likely to know who can help you. Also...my HPSP GME coordinator for the Navy has been extremely helpful and reliable. When I don't know who to talk to...I usually send him an email and he is in the "know" of who to contact.