Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Go Diamondbacks!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sundevil1, Oct 26, 2001.

1. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member

Just gotta show some love and support for the home team. The Yankees are good but I think it just might be AZ's chance to have a champion. Dbacks win at home taking the series 4-2. What do you guys think?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Epi

Epi Fuzzy Tiger

Medical Student
    Go Dbacks! I think Mark Grace is awesome. I hope the Dbacks beat the yankees.

4. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member

NY has got to win for the WTC pride. I know, sports and politics are unrelated. But I think it would do wonders for NY morale if the Yankees won it all.

5. Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho Member

GO YANKEES!!!!!all the way!!! :D :D

6. vixen

vixen I like members

Go yanks! It would just be so meaninful if that yanks won...(no offense Dbacks) :p

7. Hoosierdaddy

Hoosierdaddy Member

The Yankees might be the sentimental favorite, but I have a hard time rooting for any team that wins a championship three years in a row. I just hope the announcers and umpires aren't too biased. The Yankees have definitely shown their ability to win games in the postseason, but the D-backs are hungry for a title. It should be a great Series. Diamondbacks in seven.

8. ewells

ewells Big Daddy

Yankees in seven. They win one against Schilling/Johnson and all three of the other games. If Johnson/Schilling go on three days rest, the Yankees win two against them (Mussina or Pettite fully rested are better then the D'backs pitchers tired). I am alone here: I grew up 30 minutes away from Yankee stadium, but have to deal with my Arizona fan in-laws. On top of that, they used to live in Seattle, so this has been going on for two weeks already. If the D'backs, who cannot sell out a playoff game, win the Series, I will feel very badly for the Cubs/Red Sox fans.

9. Bruin4Life

Bruin4Life Senior Member

I think both teams are willing to dedicate their win to the victims on Sept. 11th and to all AMericans to show solidarity. Personally I well be rooting for the Diamondbacks. It kinda gets boring when the same team wins the championship four times in the past five years. Plus, Roger Clemens isn't my favorite cat either. He should've got the boat from the umpire one year ago when he sphered the broken bat to Piazza. His ego needs some drousing with water.

10. CardiacGuy

CardiacGuy Member

For some odd reason, I can't stand the Yankees. I know they're the sentimental favorites with the WTC and all.

Go D'Backs

11. The Fly

The Fly Senior Member

As a new yorker...

LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!

:p :p

12. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member

Just in case some of you New Yorkers missed the game, the Dbacks won 9-1. You didn't think I would let this go, did you? Yeah, it's only one game but if the Dbacks give their pitchers run support, at least 3-4 runs, they are very tough to beat. We'll see what happens, but I have a good feeling about this.

13. vinny11

vinny11 Junior Member

Yank vs. D-Backs...who cares?!

Wait until next year, when the Cubs will win the World Series and I will be in MedSchool - or is it impossible for 2 miracles to happen in one year?

If the egg is laying in bed, smiling and smoking a cigarette while the chicken is lying next to him with a scowl on her face, then I think we have finally answered that question.

14. DNALadder2002

DNALadder2002 Senior Member

D-Backs in game 5. I'm a die-hard NY METS fan and will never cheer for the Yanks.

15. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member

Alright, it's time to see what New York's got. We're going to the Bronx, but I will say this, If the Yankees can't beat Brian Anderson and Dbacks with Roger Clemens pitching, this series is over, for sure. Maybe a sweep but at least in five games. I guess not too many baseball fans on this board. 80% percent of those applying who watch the world series get accepted to med school, and their first time and to their top choice. Watch, this thread will take off.

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. wes c. adle

wes c. adle Member

Right on DNALadder - Go Mets!

18. dragonfly9

dragonfly9 Frickin' Chicken

Go D-Backs! That was some fabulous baseball they played the past couple nights. . .If they keep that up, they definitely deserve the win.

19. med_skool_fool

yeah.. go d-backs!! woo hoo!!