ibcdude

10+ Year Member
May 12, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
So I am my last semester for science classes and recieved my final grades back. I ended up getting a B+ in my statistic class and my final BCMP GPA is a 3.69.
I feel pretty upset because it did not meet my goal GPA of 3.7, and once you are set to met your goal gpa, and I didn't I think it is a failing situation. (I am the type of person that sets goals, and I don't meet them all the time, but this time I was really hoping I would meet it but didn't) Any words of encouragement? Is there anything else I would be able to do maybe (doubt it)?

-Another disappointing thing I feel also is that now I will have to work harder on my MCATs which is going to be hard enough esp since I am not a science major :(

Well your comments/suggestions welcome.

JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
So I am my last semester for science classes and recieved my final grades back. I ended up getting a B+ in my statistic class and my final BCMP GPA is a 3.69.
I feel pretty upset because it did not meet my goal GPA of 3.7, and once you are set to met your goal gpa, and I didn't I think it is a failing situation. (I am the type of person that sets goals, and I don't meet them all the time, but this time I was really hoping I would meet it but didn't) Any words of encouragement? Is there anything else I would be able to do maybe (doubt it)?

-Another disappointing thing I feel also is that now I will have to work harder on my MCATs which is going to be hard enough esp since I am not a science major :(

Could you take one science class next semester and get an A in it? Or do you have to take other gen ed/major stuff?

Dissected

All bleeding stops eventually
10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2008
West Coast
Status
Attending Physician
You met your goal. +/- .01 means nothing. Good job, that is a good gpa.

work hard on your MCAT anyway, a good gpa is no excuse to slack studying for it.

ps you'll do fine. good luck!

Last edited:
About the Ads

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]

3.69.........3.7...........3.69.......3.7. For all intensive purposes, these are the same GPA. Honestly, if you are rejected because of a 3.69, then you also would have been rejected for a 3.7. The good news is that that is not going to happen. Its a solid GPA. You don't have to "make up" for anything on the MCAT. You still have to do well, but its not like you are trying to compensate for a low GPA. I understand its dissapointing to not get that 3.7, and it feels like a big difference to you, but really its not. Just try to relax, rock your MCAT, and you'll be fine.

Zona Pellucida

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure your application is the best you can possibly make it, and that is all you can do.

My science GPA is lower (3.3) if that makes you feel better, so your GPA is GREAT! DO NOT WORRY.

Luckily my cGPA is a 3.73 currently so hopefully I can maintain that... One more semester to go before applying!

(Sadly it contains Biochemistry and Physics II ... hopefully I don't get hurt too bad)

justdoit31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I wouldn't worry about it- I am a science major and my BCPM was a 3.44 when I applied- after this semester it should be around 3.5

Anyways I had 3 interview offers and went to 2 of them

Was accepted at my top choice school as an OOS student

a 3.69 is great don't worry

amakhosidlo

Accepted
10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2008
Status
Medical Student
3.69.........3.7...........3.69.......3.7. For all intensive purposes.
intents and purposes.

Sorry, that just really bugs me.

OP, One would think that once you get <3.6-7 (where you are), GPA starts to matter way less, and EC's and PS start to play more of a decisive role in differentiating applicants as standout/matches for specific schools.
...then again I guess it all depends on the school you're applying to.

But honestly, if I were in your position that'd piss me off too. What about a piddly CC class in astrobiology or some other random BCPM-boosting class?

WannaBePreMed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Optometry
Is this question that difficult to answer..... take another science/math class to raise your BCMP.

Food

10+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2007
Unemployment office
Status
Fellow [Any Field]

I don't find this to be true. You don't have to be a science major to do well, because the MCAT was never a test of knowledge. It's just a test of critical thinking. Your major has just about nothing to do with it.

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
intents and purposes.

Sorry, that just really bugs me.

OP, One would think that once you get <3.6-7 (where you are), GPA starts to matter way less, and EC's and PS start to play more of a decisive role in differentiating applicants as standout/matches for specific schools.
...then again I guess it all depends on the school you're applying to.

But honestly, if I were in your position that'd piss me off too. What about a piddly CC class in astrobiology or some other random BCPM-boosting class?
haha, wow thats pretty bad. good catch.

chemnerd89

In it for the lulz
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I can't help myself :laugh:

[youtube]Fg_cwI1Xj4M[/youtube]

Last edited:
About the Ads