• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Going back after withdrawing medical school acceptance months ago?

mango1509

Oct 20, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello,

So back on traffic day this year (04/30/2020), I chose to attend a medical school and withdrew from the others. But now I want to attend one of the medical schools that I withdrew from. Is there any way I can do this, or is there no going back?

Does anyone have any experiences with this situation?

Thanks!

KnightDoc

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello,

So back on traffic day this year (04/30/2020), I chose to attend a medical school and withdrew from the others. But now I want to attend one of the medical schools that I withdrew from. Is there any way I can do this, or is there no going back?

Does anyone have any experiences with this situation?

Thanks!
Nothing anyone says here is going to matter. Even if you identify the school, what happened in a prior year with a different candidate might or might not apply to you. All you can do is try, and you have nothing to lose, so just give the school a call and see what happens. Worst comes to worst, no, there is no going back, and you are in the exact same place you are now. Best case, they accommodate you. Odds are that your seat is gone and there is no going back, but who knows? Please let us know what happens!

Reactions: 8 users
About the Ads

HKSZYU

2+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2017
  1. Dental Student
Just ask them. The worst thing they can do is say no, so there's nothing to lose.

I actually did this. I turned down a program, and two weeks later realized I made a big mistake. I contacted them, they were understanding, and a few days later they readmitted me. Of course, that's purely anecdotal, and it will be different in every scenario and at every school, but you're going to always wonder unless you try.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.