Going Back Into Passages and Digging the Answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ragda26

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For those of you have taken the MCAT Bio section. How often on passage questions would you really neeed to go back to find the correct answer in the passages?

I use EK and many questions, even for passages are easily answerable right from the question stem.

However, Kaplan makes me go back on almost every single question...

i really need to know so i can plan my strategy.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I hear that bio is getting progressively harder every year... meaning that you will have to go back to the passage to gain info from graphs, tables, etc. It also depends on the test you get, it could be relatively easy, but curved tough. I'm planning on going back to the passage for most questions, that way I'm not flustered and worried about time if I can't answer right from the question stem.

To get the feel for the real exam, nothing beats the AMCAS practice exams at www.e-mcat.com. They are real exams, after all.

That said, for me it was about 70% passage based, and 30% knowledge based. Then again, I probably didn't study as much as I should have.

liverotcod said:
To get the feel for the real exam, nothing beats the AMCAS practice exams at www.e-mcat.com. They are real exams, after all.

That said, for me it was about 70% passage based, and 30% knowledge based. Then again, I probably didn't study as much as I should have.

I agree with your sentiments, including the last part