yakisoba

10+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
After so much thought.. after reading most if not all wonderful pros and cons post in this forum.. am going for it! am going for my physical exam this month.. i wonder what they would do? what would i expect from it? how long does it take? aside from wearing eyeglasses, i don't have any medical conditions.. what are the chances that i will fail the physicals? thanks guys!:)

notdeadyet

Still in California
10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
i wonder what they would do? what would i expect from it?
Standard physical. Vitals, hearing, vision, blood test. Basic musculoskeletal exam. Do a Google on MEPS and they have very detailed description of exactly what to expect. It's more extensive if you're over 40, in regards to labs (cholesterol, etc.).
how long does it take?
As little as a few hours, as long as a full day. Entirely dependent on your particular MEPS site and their traffic for the day.
aside from wearing eyeglasses, i don't have any medical conditions.. what are the chances that i will fail the physicals?
If you were honest on your entry paperwork, have no medical history, and have been under a doctor's care at points of time in your life, the odds of you failing are very low.

Most folks that meet that criteria that fail the physical were folks who failed height/weight requirements.

IlDestriero

Ether Man
10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
The ivory tower.
Status
Attending Physician
If you're overweight, make sure you will meet the height weight requirements before your physical. If you're in otherwise good health, that would be your only possible speed bump.
Good luck.
Go Navy!

yakisoba

10+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks for the response guys! I really appreciate it.. got another question.. do I have to take ASVAB during MEPS?

yakisoba

10+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Done with MEPS.. wasn't bad at all... done in 2 hours! What's next I wonder...