Going for FAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yakisoba

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After so much thought.. after reading most if not all wonderful pros and cons post in this forum.. am going for it! am going for my physical exam this month.. i wonder what they would do? what would i expect from it? how long does it take? aside from wearing eyeglasses, i don't have any medical conditions.. what are the chances that i will fail the physicals? thanks guys!:)

Members don't see this ad.

i wonder what they would do? what would i expect from it?
Standard physical. Vitals, hearing, vision, blood test. Basic musculoskeletal exam. Do a Google on MEPS and they have very detailed description of exactly what to expect. It's more extensive if you're over 40, in regards to labs (cholesterol, etc.).
how long does it take?
As little as a few hours, as long as a full day. Entirely dependent on your particular MEPS site and their traffic for the day.
aside from wearing eyeglasses, i don't have any medical conditions.. what are the chances that i will fail the physicals?
If you were honest on your entry paperwork, have no medical history, and have been under a doctor's care at points of time in your life, the odds of you failing are very low.

Most folks that meet that criteria that fail the physical were folks who failed height/weight requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response guys! I really appreciate it.. got another question.. do I have to take ASVAB during MEPS?

Thanks for the response guys! I really appreciate it.. got another question.. do I have to take ASVAB during MEPS?
No you do not.

Unless you want to enlist.

Done with MEPS.. wasn't bad at all... done in 2 hours! What's next I wonder...