Skateguitar

5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys, I have an interview coming up, i have never been on a plane or away from home so this is a first for me. I am staying at a hotel in Central city philadelphia, and I dont know how exactly to get to the dental school and back. I plan on asking the front desk at the hotel for a cab to take me to the D school but how will I get back to the hotel after the interview is over? I know there are some services where we call and they pick us up but I am completely confused on the intricacies of traveling. Thanks for the responses.

minoh87

7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
when u get a cab in the morning just ask for their cab company number. then you can call them back after your business is done.. thye should come pick you up again

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
You can also use the public transport in Philly. Look up SEPTA on google for route information.

mrduckyquacks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2006
Status
To save some money I would definitely consider using the subway Broad Street Line. Get off at the Allegheny stop and you can practically see the dental school from the subway stop - quick and easy.

Oct 26, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
i agree with mr duckyquacks.. (if i got that right.) You can use septa. You can get that info at the airport though. It is really easy to get to broad and allegheny from center city. The broad street line is great because Temple is Broad street. I am from philly you will see when you get there. you will go northbound on the broad street line. it would be faster than a cab also. It will cost about $2. I am not 100% about that price. it may have went up again. good luck. I wish you had more time to see philly.

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Oh also, take the train from the Airport to your hotel. It's really easy to find at the airport, and just check where you need to get off. It's a good price too.

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i agree with mr duckyquacks.. (if i got that right.) You can use septa. You can get that info at the airport though. It is really easy to get to broad and allegheny from center city. The broad street line is great because Temple is Broad street. I am from philly you will see when you get there. you will go northbound on the broad street line. it would be faster than a cab also. It will cost about $2. I am not 100% about that price. it may have went up again. good luck. I wish you had more time to see philly.
I took the broad street line. It is very easy. Just need to go Northbound....and yes, it's still $2 each way or you can buy 2 tokens for like $2.90ish..

Jul 28, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Yes! take the broad street subway -- you can avoid any unforeseen traffic problems. It was raining when I interviewed, and good thing I decided to take the subway to Allegheny because the traffic ended up being horrible. And they are right -- the dental school is right where the subway station is. Just be sure you don't take the express train!

$3.10 for 2 tokens, good for the round trip.