Going on FM interview without STEP 2 CK results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gretzky25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking time to read this thread. So my question is that I am a Caribbean - IMG (US-citizen) with step 1 - 240 and cs passed all on 1st attempt. I am applying family medicine (genuine interest) and have been blessed with a good number of interviews thus far. Due to a medical reason I have been delayed in taking Step 2ck.

My question is I have 3 interviews scheduled in November which I cannot schedule in any other time frame. For these 3 interviews I will not have my Step 2 CK score reported but will have already taken it. How detrimental is this since I will automatically let these programs know my score within 1 week after the interview?

Thanks again for your time and appreciate everyone's input.

Best regards to all this interview season.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say that if you got the interviews, that is a good sign. Try to have your Step 2 scores resulted and passed before rank lists are due - especially as an IMG, you might not get ranked well or at all without the programs seeing you passed 2CK.