Going through Q-Banks too early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HybridEarth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

For the past two blocks, I've completed the USMLE-Rx and Kaplan Qbanks (~150 questions in total per organ system). Should I be saving one of these resources for closer to dedicated time, or will I be likely be using just U-World from January through dedicated? Or... is there no advantage to saving these Q-banks till later?

Members don't see this ad.

There is no advantage to saving those Qbanks dude. Use those now. Uworld is the gold mine from what I hear. Also, Amboss has a qbank that is excellent quality in case you run out of questions.

Reactions: 3 users
No such thing. You can always do them twice and they go by twice as fast. The number of questions you do is proportional to your score.

Members don't see this ad :)
The logic behind "saving" uworld is poor at best. Its a qbank that teaches you info. Why would you wait til dedicated to learn all that info when you have time now? Making associations early is key to success. Dont wait til dedicated to "tie it all together" if you will

The logic behind "saving" uworld is poor at best. Its a qbank that teaches you info. Why would you wait til dedicated to learn all that info when you have time now? Making associations early is key to success. Dont wait til dedicated to "tie it all together" if you will

I somewhat agree with this. Personally, I wouldn't do Uworld yet until like late Jan or 2 late Feb. At that point, you will have learned 80-85% of all materials that will be tested on Step 1.

Reactions: 1 users
I somewhat agree with this. Personally, I wouldn't do Uworld yet until like late Jan or 2 late Feb. At that point, you will have learned 80-85% of all materials that will be tested on Step 1.
Sure, but you dont need to know all of renal to answer the cardio qs. I would suggest knowing micro and biochem, etc (the "core") but in terms of systems its not necessary to know everything.

Reactions: 1 user