Going to an prestigious undergrad with a bad medical school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukassmith14

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I currently go to a school where the undergrad program is SIGNIFICANTLY more prestigious than the med school. Would this increase my chance of getting into that medical school?

For example: Columbia's undergrad is rank 3, but its medical school is rank 11. So would Columbia's medical school favor students from its undergrad because the undergrad program is better? Because they'll be like "omg it's a Columbia undergrad!" Or no?

Other examples of good undergrad programs with not as great med schools.
University of Chicago
Yale
Northwestern
Dartmouth
Brown

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This thread is classic SDN preallo.

They are all competitive (and highly reputable) schools and difficult to get accepted even with a strong application and a great undergrad name.

Reactions: 8 users
ffs

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LOL

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah, I'm just gonna post pad by stating in before lock and obligatory flame war of med school/undergrad reputation.

Reactions: 1 users
But like actually for real. I would imagine that a lesser med school would be honored to get an app from a student from a much better school. Like if SGU/Ross got an app from someone who went to Harvard. I know the difference isn't as big, but it should still be a similar principle?

But like actually for real. I would imagine that a lesser med school would be honored to get an app from a student from a much better school. Like if SGU/Ross got an app from someone who went to Harvard. I know the difference isn't as big, but it should still be a similar principle?

Are you joking? Tell me you're joking.

Reactions: 11 users

Lol you must be trolling but in case you aren't. No, med schools have no problem attracting qualified applicants regardless of where they went to school.

Troll alert!

Reactions: 2 users
oh ffs

you can’t be serious

Trolling used to be an art form, now it's, well whatever this thread is.

Reactions: 4 users
Trolling used to be an art form, now it's, well whatever this thread is.

I believe the OP is trying to spoof the thread that argued that candidates from more rigorious/prestitigious undergraduate institutions should get a leg up in medical school admissions.

I believe the OP is trying to spoof the thread that argued that candidates from more rigorious/prestitigious undergraduate institutions should get a leg up in medical school admissions.

Eh he's most likely a troll but still, how much of a preppy tool a person was in high school should not matter for med school applications.

Whether or not OP actually is, that was an elitist dumpster fire of a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.