Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Going to Pittsburgh then practice in CA??

Discussion in 'Dental' started by shingshing, Dec 20, 2005.

1. shingshing

shingshing Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi, I am wondering if there is anyone from CA going to Pittsburgh, and then get the California liscense after graduation. I did some research in the forum and it seems that students have problem finding patients for the liscence exam in CA. What do u guys think about that?
    I have friends in CA, not sure if that would help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey There!
    I am somewhat in the same boat as you, except for the fact that I am a third year at UPITT and plan on going back to California to practice. I am hoping that I may be able to take the Western Boards and by next year California will accept it as their licensing exam. The exam was offerred at the school last year. It is not offerred this year because there are not enough students taking it. For my year, next year, there are quite a bit of us from the western states and so I am hoping that the school will offer it again. We'll see. It is going to be a challenge having to bring patients back to Cali to take the boards but I don't know if that should be your main concern right now. By the time you need to take the state boards, legislation could change again. Good luck! And see you at PITT, if you will be going there.

4. shingshing

shingshing Member
    5+ Year Member

Thank you for your post. You mentioned about "The" school in California, which particular school were you talking about? Is there only one school that offers exam for students from the east coast? How do u "bring" patients to your exam? Do u pay for their plane tickets? If I have friends in California, will that help?