Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Gold Standard CBTs

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by trobin28, Apr 16, 2007.

1. trobin28

trobin28 New Member

Medical Student
    Is anyone using the gold standard CBTs that can offer some feedback on how they compared to aamcs and kaplan's practice tests. I know nothing compares to aamcs but are they worth the effort.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ddong

Hi, I have the GS CBTs, I think the science section are on par with the AAMC while the verbal is on the easier side, however, overall I still think its good practice material.
    Cheers

4. meds2008

meds2008 Junior Member

5. trobin28

trobin28 New Member

Medical Student
    So I bought these GS CBTs and took one earlier this week. I don't know, but it just felt like a weird test. I would say much more difficult than aamc, with many typos in the scirpt and very vague questions. Once I finished verbal and BS, I couldn't find the test I'd taken, so I can't even review it! Hopefully it will serve as a guide for areas that need improvement. Is anyone else finding the same issues. Do you guys think it might be better to take the paper kaplan tests I have? or is getting used to the computer test better?

6. MDAdam

Pre-Medical
    Sometimes after I would take a GS CBT and let my computer sit a little while it would log me out. I would just have to log back in to access the review of my test again. I am not sure how it works with the one free test–you may be encountering some other problem. And yes, there are a couple of typos, but not that many. If you make them aware of the typo then they will fix it rather quickly. As far as the difficulty, I think you would benefit more from a test that is slightly harder than the real MCAT than one that is easier.

DEFINITELY take computerized tests instead of paper tests. Personally, I think there is a big difference between a paper VR and a computerized VR. Taking computerized practice tests will also make you more comfortable and familiar with the new format before sitting down to take the real thing.