Nov 7, 2010
Status
This is for people that actually know, & hav used it.

I'm thinking of purchasing the gold standard 16 or so DVD mcat review. Did you guys think it was worth it? Should I go with another mcat review? Any input will help

WorldChanger36

7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2009
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I watch there videos online. Honestly they are boring as crap but it does have a good perspective and has helped me remember things. It is as least as good as chad's videos or kaplans online content. You don't need to buy the dvds though. You can get a monthly sub and save some cash by watching them on the site.

scorpiobeauty6

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I watch there videos online. Honestly they are boring as crap but it does have a good perspective and has helped me remember things. It is as least as good as chad's videos or kaplans online content. You don't need to buy the dvds though. You can get a monthly sub and save some cash by watching them on the site.

RAELLY? How do you do get a monthly sub. I was planning on purchasing the dvds. Please PM me the details

Last edited:

WorldChanger36

7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2009
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
PM Sent

image187

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I don't know about the DVD's but don't take gold standard tests, they're not at all representative of the actual MCAT. Take only AAMC practice tests

Jul 30, 2010
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I haven't bought the DVD set, but I did buy the 10 GS tests and it comes with access to the online videos . Personally I found them to be helpful.
They are not very detailed so if you want to use it as your primary source for learning the material it may not be sufficient, but for me, they were great for review. For example, if I got a question about magnets wrong on their test, I just watched the video about electromagnetism . Really helped me nail the concepts.