1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Gold standard MCAT book

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by psrai85, Dec 15, 2005.

1. psrai85

psrai85 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was just wondering if anyone has used the book called "Gold standard Mcat by Fredinand". My friend recommended it to me last summer, but i'm not sure if i should use it or not, cause don't wnat to waste time.

Second question was if i should get Kaplan Comprehensive review book if i don't use Gold standard. I have EK package, 1001 series and also minitests etc

Thank you for the help in advance :idea:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. psrai85

psrai85 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Also forgot to meantion if anyone has used, EK mini-MCAT's and Kaplan test that u can buy. Are both of these worth spending money for??

4. anon-y-mouse

anon-y-mouse Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Does your friend hate you or something? Gold Standard is the worst MCAT book I've ever seen in my life. Stick with the conventionals. I have mini-mcats and apparently they're really hard... didn't use them, no time.

5. RayhanS1282

RayhanS1282 perpetually percolated
    10+ Year Member

I did the full lengths from the Gold Standard and they were very good but the review of the materials leave a lot to be desired,

6. RayhanS1282

RayhanS1282 perpetually percolated
    10+ Year Member

You can get the Kaplan exams in PDF format on Ebay from $10-$15 and it's a good investment. The verbal section tests were very helpful and although the topicals for physics will have you poking your eye with a sharp object, understading the solutions will help you out.