Gold Standard MCAT review materials Quality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RafMin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here used the gold standard mcat review books and / or dvd's? If so, how do you think they were? I am leaning towards getting the dvd's maybe, and wanted you all's feedback. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone here used the gold standard mcat review books and / or dvd's? If so, how do you think they were? I am leaning towards getting the dvd's maybe, and wanted you all's feedback. Thanks!

Honestly, I didn't like the format but that doesn't mean you won't. It is a Canadian company, so they use a more british-like format. I do plan to use the 3 free cbts that comes with it. I also have used EK which is ok if you just finished your prereqs and need a quick review; otherwise, it must be supplemented with something more in depth like TBR or TPRH. I am currently using TPRH, which is more explanation than needed and it has great practice material for all subjects. I needed the most help with Physics and Orgo. I haven't used TBR but most people rave about it as an excellent source for practice passages and it has in depth review like TPRH. I like TPRH but I guess it depends on how much I am learning when I take my practices to hit my target score. I want to get 35+ but I am not a good test taker.