gold standard... please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

organicmodel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how accurate the GS VR are?? I am doing really bad in all sections, but especially the VR section...

I did both GS 1 and 2... Has anyone taken GS 1 and 2 CBTs? Were they representative of the real exam?? I'm really worried about verbal...

Members don't see this ad.

I score about 2 points lower per section compared to Kaplan and AAMC exams when I took the Gold Standard free practice exam.

I was wondering the same thing I took the GS1 as a diagnostic to see where I was because I am about to start studying for the MCAT and I scored so LOW...Oh and has anyone ever took the crash course that is like 50 dollars a month is it any GOOD????????????????Any good advice about how accurate the GS test are is helpful
icon9.gif

I just took the real test. GS is only good practice for PS>>>>Bs>>Verbal (waste of time because it was too easy)

The scaled scores for GS is way off. For example, I got a 9 in a test where I got 34 questions right. 34/40 on the real thing can easily be an 11, maybe even a 12. 34/40 was kind of a fluke for me though, I get about 30-31/40 more consistently, which is about what I got on my AAMC practice exams...so for me, as far as the raw scores go in the VR section, aamc and gs are pretty similar. GS is considerably easier though, which makes me wonder why I would get the same amount of questions right on AAMC and GS.