Gold Standard Practice Exams- Any Good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bambina01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Gold Standard Practice Exams GS # 1-3?

They don't seem to be a hot topic on the SDN. I have the three exams and did the three verbals and found them very challenging! The score curve is very steep too.

Just wondering if I should bother doing the physical sciences and biological sciences, just as practice to bring up my science marks, I think my content review needs to come up.

Anyone use them and find them helpful in doing well on the real MCAT?

:cool: :D ;)

Members don't see this ad.

i dont necessarily go by the scoring scales on those less popular practice tests, but rather like getting a different variety of question topics that those non-mainstream books afford. I've found tests like kaplan tend to repeat similar topics which is good to know them well, but i felt like it left out random topics that the peterson's guide sometimes has. I actually liked using the peterson's and arco as a way of mixing things up a bit.

The Gold Standard practice tests prepare you for the real MCAT. For those who have not yet tried it, here is a free MCAT practice test http://www.mcat-prep.com/Practice-Tests/
It has explanations and scores included for multiple choice sections. You can follow your progress and compare yourself to thousands of other MCAT takers in your personal History Section.

Has anyone used the Gold Standard Practice Exams GS # 1-3?

They don't seem to be a hot topic on the SDN. I have the three exams and did the three verbals and found them very challenging! The score curve is very steep too.

Just wondering if I should bother doing the physical sciences and biological sciences, just as practice to bring up my science marks, I think my content review needs to come up.

Anyone use them and find them helpful in doing well on the real MCAT?

:cool: :D ;)

Just wanted to make sure you found this area of SDN: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/gold-standard-premed-headquarters.409/ A lot of people overlook that section.

My response to whether or not GS tests are "any good" is, "Good for what?" I found them to be great practice. Like they all other non-AAMC practice tests, they are not exactly the same as the real thing. I am not sure how similar or dissimilar people tend to score on GS versus AAMC. That would be nice to know.