Golden Key Honors Society?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princessd3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard of them? Are they any good?

Members don't see this ad.

i joined to save $75 on geico, membership cost $60. It's something to put on the resume, but at my school, they aren't worth sh**

I am a member of Golden Key as well. The only good part is that you get to go to conferences and meet interesting people. Making contacts/networking is always great. But then, it's not worth it if they don't do a whole lot at your school.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was offered a place in golden key, omicron delta kappa, phi kappa phi, lambda lambda lambda, blah blah blah .. i never paid for membership unless i wanted to be an officer or be really active in the organization .. and there were just too many organizations .. i say pay the membership fee if you're going to be active .. yeah it does fill up ur resume, but for me, i just wrote "nominated for membership" ... :)<

From what I've heard around town, Phi Beta Kappa is the only one worth joining. I am a member of Golden Key, though.

Spitting Camel said:
From what I've heard around town, Phi Beta Kappa is the only one worth joining. I am a member of Golden Key, though.

Agreed.

That being said, I paid the $ for it (golden key).

JH

Personally, I think the only one's that are worth it are PBK, ODK, and Mortar Board (at least at my college) because the selection process was based on more than just a decent GPA. If your grades are good, they'll speak for themselves; you don't need honor societies to tell med schools you're smart.