Goldwater - Are there applicants getting accepted without pubs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted936268

Basically the title. Due to research being the way it is, the 2 pubs I was on track to get by my school's November deadline will be too late to add to my app.

In that case, I was wondering if applicants have historically been accepted for Goldwater even without pubs.

Also, a bit of a side question, any recs for writing all the Goldwater Essays? Is there a forum anywhere that goes over how to write essays about why I like research and also what I do with my research? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was gonna reply to your other post but this one seems more appropriate due to the title.

I was a Goldwater winner this year and did not have any pubs. I think they care most about demonstrated and sustained interest in research.

I was gonna reply to your other post but this one seems more appropriate due to the title.

I was a Goldwater winner this year and did not have any pubs. I think they care most about demonstrated and sustained interest in research.

Hey congrats! Any tips on the essays? This is my first time applying to anything where I have to talk extensively about my research and I couldn't find a thread or anything with example essays.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey congrats! Any tips on the essays? This is my first time applying to anything where I have to talk extensively about my research and I couldn't find a thread or anything with example essays.
Have you written any grant proposals before? My previous ones were helpful in formulating the essay. I can also give more specific recs if you PM me

Have you written any grant proposals before? My previous ones were helpful in formulating the essay. I can also give more specific recs if you PM me

Hey no, sorry, this is my first time for all of this. Will PM you.

Reactions: 1 user
Goldwater recipient last year - I did not have any pubs when I applied. Happy to answer any questions.