Goljan audio cuts off at the end?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the Goljan audio, and I want to make sure I have everything available: 37 lectures and the last one (CNS Special Senses) cuts off at the end around 41 minutes while he's in the middle of talking about Parkinson's disease. Am I missing something or is this like the only version of Gojan audio out there.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine cuts off at the same place at 41 minutes. I'm not sure if there is another version of the audio that is complete.

got the same issue. (and the CD didn't fully burn 2 other lectures. still, i got my money's worth)

Rendar5 said:
got the same issue. (and the CD didn't fully burn 2 other lectures. still, i got my money's worth)

How many lectures should there be total? I've got 37, but I thought I heard about 40.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey even i have 37 files... 7 on day1,
8 on days2,3 and4,
6 on day 5
is this incomplete??

I bought it from ebay... whr did u guys get it?

bhuvi said:
8 on days2,3 and4,
6 on day 5
is this incomplete??

That's exactly what I have. That seems to be what I've seen going around as well, so I guess we have the only version out there?

bhuvi said:
8 on days2,3 and4,
6 on day 5
is this incomplete??

There are several places online to download it for free. If anyone wants to download it, I'll try to find the site I got it from.

DoctorWannaBe said:
There are several places online to download it for free. If anyone wants to download it, I'll try to find the site I got it from.

Keeping in mind it is illegal to possess these files.

OSUdoc08 said:
Keeping in mind it is illegal to possess these files.

I am interested in the legality of it, actually. Did Kaplan make the recording? It sounds to me like it was a student in a Kaplan program who made the recording. I could be wrong, but my question that follows assumes that I am right:
i can understand copyrighted Kaplan material being illegal to own w/o paying Kaplan for it. But are audio files that were recorded by someone other than Kaplan for their own private purposes and then shared w/ colleagues illegal to own? And if that is illegal, is sharing notes you take in class illegal?

If this is a recording that was actually done by Kaplan or done by Goljan for Kaplan, then I can see why it is illegal. Just like all those mp3's on my old desktop, lol.

EDIT: just so no one gets the wrong idea. this is just an intellectual exercise for me. Not looking to start a debate on whether or not it is right or wrong to have the Goljan audio.

Per Goljan, those recordings were made by students after they were informed that they were not permitted to record his lectures because they are his (copywritten) material. He doesn't allow his OSU-COM students to record lectures, either, for the same reason.

DrMom said:
Per Goljan, those recordings were made by students after they were informed that they were not permitted to record his lectures because they are his (copywritten) material. He doesn't allow his OSU-COM students to record lectures, either, for the same reason.

thanks for the info Dr. Mom! :) :thumbup: I see why they're not legal now.

I wonder why goljan doesn't make his own set of audio lectures? All he would have to do is record his sessions - he could even make DVDs. There's a HUGE market for this - I bet that the DVD/ audio set would become almost as 'standard' for review material as FA....

quideam said:
I wonder why goljan doesn't make his own set of audio lectures? All he would have to do is record his sessions - he could even make DVDs. There's a HUGE market for this - I bet that the DVD/ audio set would become almost as 'standard' for review material as FA....

I doubt it's one of his priorities. Maybe you should send him a letter and ask him.

OSUdoc08 said:
I doubt it's one of his priorities. Maybe you should send him a letter and ask him.

stop being such an a$$ to everyone on this forum, you are NOT the foremost expert on all-things goljan.

LAZYGUY said:
stop being such an a$$ to everyone on this forum, you are NOT the foremost expert on all-things goljan.

Those people are illegally using his audio. I have no sympathy for such people.

OSUdoc08 said:
Those people are illegally using his audio. I have no sympathy for such people.

i can understand not having sympathy, but I'm kinda not sure your motives for coming on this thread to explain that it's not legal when that question never arose before? Do you normally tell people that it's illegal to have mp3's w/o paying for it if you overhear a classmate talk about it? Or that speeding is illegal if you see them speeding?

I'm not arguing whether or not its legal, as it most clearly is not, and with good reason. I'm just asking you what your ulterior motive is in entering this thread? Unless I kinda missed something (which i must say is entirely possible. I'm a bit braindead from studying neurology right now) in this thread that actually did warrant such a post?

Rendar5 said:
i can understand not having sympathy, but I'm kinda not sure your motives for coming on this thread to explain that it's not legal when that question never arose before? Do you normally tell people that it's illegal to have mp3's w/o paying for it if you overhear a classmate talk about it? Or that speeding is illegal if you see them speeding?

I'm not arguing whether or not its legal, as it most clearly is not, and with good reason. I'm just asking you what your ulterior motive is in entering this thread? Unless I kinda missed something (which i must say is entirely possible. I'm a bit braindead from studying neurology right now) in this thread that actually did warrant such a post?

I say it because Dr. Goljan gave us a long talk about it recently.

Ummm... ok, so I wasn't trying to start a fight, just commenting... Goljan is really busy writing his books, which are essentially compilations of his notes, which is why I'm surprised that he's not marketing his lectures as well. And no, I won't be writing a letter :p