Goljan HY 100 pdf file

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

me454555

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you all think about it? How HY is it? I'm sure the path stuff is good, how is the rest of it? The biochem, anatomy, and the whole deal.

Members don't see this ad.

is this a 100 page version of the 300+ page review? if s, I will be looking at one tomorrow and will report back.
streetdoc

I also had the same question. Can someone further comment on the 100 pg pdf versus the 36 and 44 page HY pdf documents? Equally good?

The first 42 pgs are pathology so I think its similar to the 44 pg one your talking about. It seems to go along very well w/his audio lecture and I assume its very high yield. Its othe other 58 pgs of info that I was wondering about. Since I don't have any lectures to go along w/them, I wonder how good they really are

Members don't see this ad :)
me454555 said:
The first 42 pgs are pathology so I think its similar to the 44 pg one your talking about. It seems to go along very well w/his audio lecture and I assume its very high yield. Its othe other 58 pgs of info that I was wondering about. Since I don't have any lectures to go along w/them, I wonder how good they really are

It's just a bunch of HY facts. They are not "notes" per se, just a quick hit listing of random things that people have told him about what was on their exam. It's a great thing to look over when bored, the only thing I don't like about it is that is not organized, but like I said they are not "notes." You shouldn't need lectures to go along with any of it. His actual 600 pages or so of Path notes are a whole different story.

Hey there,

First time posting. This is a great forum, and I'm so glad I found it. :thumbup:

I've got a question on the Goljan notes. I've got only one set, it's 36 pages long. I was wondering if any of you who have the 100 page set wouldn't mind emailing it to me? I got the 36 from a senior who's all done with the steps, but he doesn't have the 100.

Also, is the 600 page one a book? Is it available on Amazon? I searched for a 600 page Goljan on it but couldn't find one.

Thanks in advance for any help, and best of luck to everyone sitting for one of these monsters soon. :) :luck:

lol,

i tried to post last night, but my login timed out, in any case, there seems to be a couple of questions about the Goljan stuff available out there, here's the rundown from what ive seen:

36-pager: older set (2002) of "ultra high-yield" material that he distributes with his lectures.

100-pager: PDF file of his complete high-yield material from 2002, broken down into subjects, path,biochem, pharm, phys, etc...the first page says "high-yield pathology"

600-pager: the good stuff (IMO). his complete set of lecture notes based on what he goes over/teaches in his USMLE prep lectures for Kaplan. the notes compliment word-for-word his recorded live lecture. i've been using it as my sole path resource this semester and it works out great, just like going to class! he basically provides the most relevant board material and actually teaches pathology on his lectures. its a little better than the BRS, but i'll still use it (BRS) for the shelf and step for review tho. Goljan however, it the best as far as learning path (our clases are not that great at my school, and even some of the profs basically read out of the BRS in class - notes are copied almost word-for-word out of the BRS!!)

anyway, all of Goljan's material is out on ebay, i figure $15-20 for the entire set of lecture recordings, class notes and high-yields is a fairly good bargain.

Finally, not to get anyone all hysterical, there is an additional (67-page) notes in"word" floating out there which is the updated (2003) version of the 100-page notes. from what ive seen and what he says in class, all of his high-yields are basically Goljan's version of the FA, since the FA is an outline of information based on what ppl saw on the step for that particular year, he just takes it one step back and puts the direct questions/material asked on his notes and the high-yields. Hope that helps :)

kinda funny, but i did'nt know what the HELL high-yield meant before starting med school, talk about conditioning...later

ispic said:
lol,

i tried to post last night, but my login timed out, in any case, there seems to be a couple of questions about the Goljan stuff available out there, here's the rundown from what ive seen:

36-pager: older set (2002) of "ultra high-yield" material that he distributes with his lectures.

100-pager: PDF file of his complete high-yield material from 2002, broken down into subjects, path,biochem, pharm, phys, etc...the first page says "high-yield pathology"

600-pager: the good stuff (IMO). his complete set of lecture notes based on what he goes over/teaches in his USMLE prep lectures for Kaplan. the notes compliment word-for-word his recorded live lecture. i've been using it as my sole path resource this semester and it works out great, just like going to class! he basically provides the most relevant board material and actually teaches pathology on his lectures. its a little better than the BRS, but i'll still use it (BRS) for the shelf and step for review tho. Goljan however, it the best as far as learning path (our clases are not that great at my school, and even some of the profs basically read out of the BRS in class - notes are copied almost word-for-word out of the BRS!!)

anyway, all of Goljan's material is out on ebay, i figure $15-20 for the entire set of lecture recordings, class notes and high-yields is a fairly good bargain.

Finally, not to get anyone all hysterical, there is an additional (67-page) notes in"word" floating out there which is the updated (2003) version of the 100-page notes. from what ive seen and what he says in class, all of his high-yields are basically Goljan's version of the FA, since the FA is an outline of information based on what ppl saw on the step for that particular year, he just takes it one step back and puts the direct questions/material asked on his notes and the high-yields. Hope that helps :)

kinda funny, but i did'nt know what the HELL high-yield meant before starting med school, talk about conditioning...later

So the 600 pager is a pdf, not a review book. Thanks ispic.

I confess I did a double take on reading your post: if I understand you correctly, there are people charging 20 bucks to email a couple of pdfs and audio files - files they hadn't written, produced or prepared, that they presumably paid for once, but which they can send out as many times as they wish :rolleyes: .
But one's gotta make money somehow I guess. lol.

are those audio lectures the 5 day thing-8 hrs. per day?
do i relly have time to do 600 pages of goljan in the 4 weeks i have till step 1?

streetdoc

streetdoc said:
are those audio lectures the 5 day thing-8 hrs. per day?
do i relly have time to do 600 pages of goljan in the 4 weeks i have till step 1?

streetdoc

yes they are, i was thinking the same thing, but at least the audio portions are fairly good to listen to while working out, etc...however, you are right. the 600-page material might seem like a lot to go over during your last few days of prep, but some people devote 4 to 5 days or so to study path, and that 600-pager with lecture comes from his step 1 review class with kaplan anyway, so it is meant to use to study for the step. you know your learning style, but at this point, since you only have 4-weeks left, the high-yields might be the way to go and stick with the BRS or anything else you are using. i am going to try and hit his notes during my prep time, but if it looks like i'm getting bogged down, then the BRS will have to do the trick. hope that helps.