Goljan Rapid Review Pathology 2nd Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stretch210

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have first edition, and was wondering why or why not people recommend getting the 2nd edition...

I know there are colored pics, but it is supposedly much longer, is this due to pics, or more spacing on pages, or is it that much more material? My school doesn't have a bookstore with it in it, so I can't just go check it out, and I haven't seen any of my classmates with it.

Does anyone feel this is just a way to make more money, or is it substantially better? I don't like BRS at all for Path (like the Physio a lot). So, I need a main path book, and don't know if I need to purchase this one instead of using the one I have...Please give as detailed reviews as you can...thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am only a first year but I had the 1st edition. I was reluctant to get the 2nd addition because I thought it would take more time to go over. I finally decided to get the 2nd edition and compare the 2. It seems that the content is about the same with additional pictures. I suggest buying it direct from the publisher (free ship if ordered online I think) and compare. If you don't like it you can easily get your money back(or more for some weird reason) by selling it online.

I'm very comfortable using older editions of texts but this is one of the few times I actually saw some benefit in getting the latest edition.

i just bought the new one today. it says in loving memory of my son keith goljan..... how did goljan's son pass away??

Members don't see this ad :)
The new one has more content. Smaller font, more pages = more content.

I know most of my class has leaned towards it instead of the BRS Path (the gunners have). In reading the two, I like the new one better. I think that there's more chapters making each chapter a little smaller, but then they're faster to read. In general though, more content in smaller chapters.