Good book for internal medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mkapland1388

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there. I was hoping if you guys could help me out and refer me to a good book for internal medicine. I'm not in residency but I'm in medical school in eastern europe. I currently have two books, Harrisons Principle of Internal Medicine and Mayo Clinical Internal Medicine Concise Textbook.

The Harrison is I think too big and the Mayo Clinic one I fear is too basic. I was hoping you guys could help me find a good internal medicine book which has all the things you need but its so big either.

Members don't see this ad.

After much searching I have found three books which I think are all pretty good,

DAVIDSON'S PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF MEDICINE

Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2007

Clinical Medicine by Kumar and Clark

Out of these three books which do you think is the best? One thing that I'm considering is which has the best pathophysiology explanations. Obviously this is a clinical book not a pathophysiology one and by now I should know pathophysiology, but a book with a good (but not overwhelming) pathophysiology explanation would be a great review for me and would help me understand the disease better, especially since I got an average score in that class.

And of course which book is best in explaining the clinical aspects such as clinical signs and therapy.

Last edited: