Good books for PA Students??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scotflynn

PA Scot
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all- I'm starting PA School at LIU this summer. Can anyone give me some good advise on what books to get for studying? Anything to brush up on before school starts? I have a TON of books that the med students use, but any good ones especially for PA students? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't buy books over summer to "pre-study", spend your next few months NOT thinking about learning, it will hit you hard and fast, and unless you plan on taking didactice year twice, you can't really prepare for this first year.

If anything, get your life in order to a meticulous level, so you don't have anything to worry about come the first day of class.

Ask previous students about their opinions about which books were needed and which weren't (based on the book list you should have gotten from the program)

If you do decided to attempt to prepare, the only thing that is a standard "need" is to study anatomy, it all comes back to anatomy...and if you know it cold, then you can spend your efforts on other areas once study time is precious.

Congrats on your admission! I agree with above post. As Adam said if you must study get a hold of a Grant's Anatomy Atlas or Netter's and review your anatomy.

You will be glad you took some time to relax before PA school because it is intense once you start.

Take care and best wishes.
:)

Anatomy book with clinical correlations/illustrations (Sx's and Tx's). It will give you a better 'overview' of medicine and start you thinking in those terms. Grant's and Netters are nice, but there's no "context". If you start putting anatomy in (Clinical) context 'now', you will be less overwhelmed later:).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/06...102-0919169-5956166?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

He also has a new text out, called the Essential Clinical Anatomy. I haven't checkit it out, but here it is.... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...102-0919169-5956166?s=books&v=glance&n=283155