Good books to read?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haileypark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a month to kill before D school starts
and what are good books to read that will benefit me?
Give me a good recommendation =)

Genres that I am interested are: Autobiography, Economy, Marketing stories, Religious, ...etc

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The complete joy of homebrewing

Reactions: 1 user
Anything Michael Lewis (Moneyball, Big Short, Liar's Poker, Blind Side). Anything Malcolm Gladwell (Outliers, David and Goliath, Blink, What the Dog Saw).
Good intro book to philosophy/religion is Sophie's World. Good book on the history of cancer is Emperor of all Maladies. The Making of the Atom Bomb is one of my all time favs.
Millionaire Next Door is also a book to make you not want to spend any money, on anything, ever. If you follow the advice from that book, you'll die homeless but with a lot of gold!

That should keep you busy for a while.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm reading the Excruciating History of Dentistry before I start school.

If you like economy book I'd suggest: The Return of Depression Economics and the Crisis of 2008 by Paul Krugman

The Millionaire Next Door.

I just read Blue Ocean Strategy and it was very good! Also on my list are Beyond The Bottom Line and The Disney Way.

For an intro to financial things, I enjoyed "I Will Teach You to be Rich" by Ramit Sethi.

Granted, this book isn't exactly tailored to people who will be making 6 figures when they're done with school, but it's still a good overview.

Anything Michael Lewis (Moneyball, Big Short, Liar's Poker, Blind Side). Anything Malcolm Gladwell (Outliers, David and Goliath, Blink, What the Dog Saw).
Good intro book to philosophy/religion is Sophie's World. Good book on the history of cancer is Emperor of all Maladies. The Making of the Atom Bomb is one of my all time favs.
Millionaire Next Door is also a book to make you not want to spend any money, on anything, ever. If you follow the advice from that book, you'll die homeless but with a lot of gold!

That should keep you busy for a while.

I second most of these. I would also highly recommend Emperor of All Maladies.

atul gawande checklist manifesto and malcolm gladwelll's

major_in_the_universe.png

Reactions: 3 users
Depends, Maxim only of you want something quick and with some humor.

Or

Go CNN to see how many problems you don't have, and should be grateful for.

Posted using SDN Mobile