Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

good chance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by miglo, Jun 1, 1999.

1. miglo

miglo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi everyone I know these questions are asked to death but I was wondering what my chances are to getting into a DO program. I am 24 with a Sci GPA 3.38, NonSci of 3.31. 29 on the MCAT 8E 9B 12P. I have done research and am published, volunteered at the ER and a DO clinic. I am just a little worried about my GPA. Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gregory Gulick

Gregory Gulick Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

If I were a betting man, I wouldn't object to placing a wager that you would get accepted somewhere assuming that you get your apps in early, apply to many schools and have good letters of rec, etc.

As for your GPA, I think the average GPA is around 3.4-3.5 for most DO schools (don't quote me on this, I haven't looked at the data in awhile), so your GPA is probably somewhat below average, but not terribly below. But, fortunately, your MCAT is above average which may balance your lower GPA.

Let us know how it goes!

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. edgar

edgar Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Miglo,

I think your GPA is fine. I had the same numbers and I got in (your MCAT is a bit better). Get your stuff in early and you may possibly get an early acceptance. I interviews in Sept/Oct and got accepted to 2 schools during October. Gregory and I are friends, and so he won't be mad if I correct him. I think your sciGPA is at or above that for DO schools. Many DO schools often post their overall GPA numbers in med school application books to make them look more competitive. Your sciGPA is good enough. Good luck.

EDGAR