good clinical psyD programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mt14duke

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys!

I am trying to prepare a list for good psyD programs,so far I heard about georgewashington,california school of prof psych and chicago school of professional psych. I have no idea whether they are good or not! Does anyone have an idea about the program at GWU? or Does anyone know any other good school for clinical PsyD? Pleaseeeeeee helpppp!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Good, based on what?? You will learn 50% of what you need to and 50% BS at any doctoral program in psychology APA accredited in the US today. You will learn much more once you are out of academia/professional school mentality. My advice, choose a school that matches your interests as far as research and practice, and complete the program; that is where you start to learn.

Members don't see this ad :)
mt14duke said:
hey guys!

I am trying to prepare a list for good psyD programs,so far I heard about georgewashington,california school of prof psych and chicago school of professional psych. I have no idea whether they are good or not! Does anyone have an idea about the program at GWU? or Does anyone know any other good school for clinical PsyD? Pleaseeeeeee helpppp!!!

The professional schools have little to no admissions requirements and will cost you a lot of money. Look closer at university-based PsyDs programs.

Rutgers, Baylor, Indiana State, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Virginia Consortium

All are good university-based programs with funding.

Are PsyD programs looking for students that 'fit' the professors' research interests as well? The notion of 'fit' almost doesn't seem to quite work here the way it does for PhD programs... what exactly do PsyD programs look for in terms of admissions?

Having research in common with a professor can be helpful beucase it makes a good fit for assistantship. THough for many progrmas it is how you clinical interests fit with their training experiences (i.e. you are interested in children and they don't have much of that or they have a specialty in it).