Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Good D.O. Articles for Laymen

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Ms.DNA, Jan 26, 2001.

1. Ms.DNA

Ms.DNA Junior Member

Hi,
    I'm trying to provide the people who are writing my recommendations with as many good articles on osteopathy as possible. I saw one once, which highlighted the differences between D.O.'s and M.D.'s but don't remember where! I like the only on this website, but I would love to include a couple....does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. together

together Senior Member

4. together

together Senior Member

5. together

together Senior Member

6. ewagner

ewagner Senior Member

A piece of advice that I can offer is to not get caught of in "D.O's see the patient as a whole and not just the sum of their parts" type of stuff.
    Any good physician, regardless of title, practices with the patient as "a whole" in mind. The lines between DO and MD are fuzzier now than they EVER have been, so don't let a marketing ploy lead you to believe that any one type of physician, be it DO or MD, hold the monopoly on "Patient focused medicine"!

We learn medicine from our clinical attendings, and my BEST attendings have been MD's...just a thought.

7. Hippocrates

Hippocrates Member

Ewagner said it right!! A good physician practices correct medicine whether he or she are a D.O. or an M.D.

8. drusso

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    This is an excellent overview article of osteopathic medicine:

Emil P. Lesho, DO. An Overview of Osteopathic Medicine Arch Fam Med. 8;477-484, November/December 1999, An Overview of Osteopathic Medicine,