GOOD DATs reflect GOOD National Board Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kema

Eureka!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard this statement and I was wondering what is the real scoop behind this story? Has anyone else heard this before? How about the student's pre-dent GPA how does that match up to National Boards? Any Takers?!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I heard this statement and I was wondering what is the real scoop behind this story? Has anyone else heard this before? How about the student's pre-dent GPA how does that match up to National Boards? Any Takers?!!! :D

I read gpa has a weaker correlation because of obvious reasons.
High gpa COULD mean either easy major or easy college (or both).

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate all the info. Thanks guys.

those articles are rather interesting

As far as I am concerned, once you are in you start with a clean slate. Let the educators debate this.

As far as I am concerned, once you are in you start with a clean slate. Let the educators debate this.

You make a good point, and that's that a correlation doesn't really mean anything to the individual person. It reminds me of an aptitude test we took during a block this quarter which, according to the professor administering it, fairly accurately correlates with clinical performance. It was a little funny to see all the people stressing out trying t get every single answer right, even though the outcome of that test wouldn't change a single thing about how they would perform in the future.

Pointless threads like this cause unnecessary stress to us, predents.