Good EM Pocket Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crypt Abscess

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting my Senior EM rotation this week, and was wondering if anyone could recomend a pocket book (please, not a pocket stuffer), that I could read during any downtime I may have while in the ED. Thanks, Crypt

Members don't see this ad.

EMRA's "Top 30 Problems in EM" is good, however its second printing is not due out until this fall. So unless you can find a copy of the 1st from someone, that will not help you. I just orderd a copy of NMS Clinical Manual of Emergency Medicine from our bookstore here to check out. It looks promising. The publishers remarks are as follows

"Harvard Univ., Boston, MA. Pocket-sized quick reference provides essential information emphasizing diagnosis and treatment. For residents and practitioners to bridge the gap between instruction and patient care."

I know there is an EM recall series book out there as well if you like that format. Maybe someone else has used these and will post thier 2 cents worth.

Crypt, i know your in a time crunch, you might want to check out the emra forums at emra.org , they had some book posts last time i was there ....hope that helps