Good fit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shishi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I've had two interviewers (at the end of what I thought was a good interview) say that they hope I find a good fit for a medical school. How should I take that?
Take it lying down. *giggity-goo*

you missed a giggity there. Any better answers.

Members don't see this ad :)
you missed a giggity there. Any better answers.
On a serious note, I think you should always assume the worst so that you are not devestated if you don't get accepted. Of course, it's up to the adcom whether or not you get accepted, so there's no use in worrying about something that is out of your control at this point.

so your a glass half empty guy instead of half full how sad

That's what I've been thinking so far -- but I feel like I'm down to the wire. I'm on a few waitlists, finished 2 interviews this week (the ones I'm concerned about), and only have 2 left (one of which is a real long shot!).

I guess I'm just wondering if there's any shred of hope left for this year?
Have you sent out a few letters of interest (LOI)?

Honestly, I think you're doing great.

I wouldn't think too much into it. At one of my interviews, my interviewee said that it is important for me to find a good fit and asked what I would do if I never got accepted to medical school. There is no way to determine what an interviewee is thinking. It could just be a way for the interviewer to say how important it is to find a close connection with a particular school.

I've had interviewers say things like "good luck in your medical education" which seems like hey sorry you're not getting in here.. but I did.. so don't worry too much

I would take it to mean "I think you'd do well here, you match up with the school's vision, and it wouldn't upset me if you ended up here BUT I'm not the only one who decides so it's very possible you still won't get in."

I think many interviewers like to stay as neutral as possible because in reality they don't make the decision, the committee does.

There have been way too many stories of interviewers telling people "you should expect an acceptance" or "hope to see you next year" and then they get rejected.....

Last week my interviewer said "Well, whatever happens, I hope it's for the best" which I thought was the perfect thing to say because it was encouraging but at the same time reminded me that a good interview does not necessarily equal an acceptance.

I've had interviewers say things like "good luck in your medical education" which seems like hey sorry you're not getting in here.. but I did.. so don't worry too much

at least they're making the assumption that you'll get in somewhere. better than "have a nice life".