good Gpa at one school and bad at another can I still get in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nitani

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a good GPA at the school I will be getting my associates from. But before I became pre-pharm I was in business. These classes are not any that I need for pharmacy at all ( legal environment of bus. , theology, business writing, sociology and stats (which I retook and did better at current school.) Will this interfere with me getting in to Pharmacy school or do I have to even show them my old school transcripts when i graduate with my AA in life Sciences?

Members don't see this ad.

do I have to even show them my old school transcripts when i graduate with my AA in life Sciences?

What do you mean do you even have to show them ? Just because you are getting an AA degree doesn't magically exempt you from the fair application process everyone is subjected to. ;) :laugh:

Not only you have to enter ALL your coursework into pharmcas, but if upon acceptance the school finds out you hid your bad grades, your offer of admission will be revoked and spot given to the next person on the waiting list.

Yea, it'll be an amalgamation of all your course-work when you submit to PharmCAS, unless you are applying to a school like USN, which offers Academic Forgiveness. That's a possibility you should look into, IMO.

And Priest, I know you're a mod and all now, so you should probably define words correctly. Culpable does not mean responsible for, it means deserving blame or censure and in context, makes zero sense! Your sentence, translated, is something like: "Unfortunately, you're deserving of censure for your entire academic career." Remember the KISS principle behind vocabulary? ;)

Just gotta bust the chops of the new LT.