good idea or bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omyss

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well with exatly 15 days before the MCAT, i was thinking of doing a total of 8 FL practice tests (4 kaplan, and 6 AAMC)...i am kind of wondering if this would be a bad idea, and could potentially burn me out. I would be doing 2 maybe 3 FL tests back to back at one or two times during the next two weeks.. so do you think this is a bad idea and lead me to burn out, or increase my stamina and be better for me as a whole??

Also what do you guys think is the minimal number of days i should leave between my last FL practice test and the real thing? i was thinking of taking 9r on the 17th.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Omyss said:
well with exatly 15 days before the MCAT, i was thinking of doing a total of 8 FL practice tests (4 kaplan, and 6 AAMC)...i am kind of wondering if this would be a bad idea, and could potentially burn me out. I would be doing 2 maybe 3 FL tests back to back at one or two times during the next two weeks.. so do you think this is a bad idea and lead me to burn out, or increase my stamina and be better for me as a whole??

Also what do you guys think is the minimal number of days i should leave between my last FL practice test and the real thing? i was thinking of taking 9r on the 17th.

thanks

I would probably do the same thing..take as many full lengths as possible until the day before the test day. i still have to take about 8-9 fulllenghts.
i would probably take aamc 9 on the weekend before the test day, this way i'll have time to prepare more according to my score. its gonna be long three (almost) weeks.

I'm in the same boat. I have to fly to Melbourne for the test on Thursday the 17th, so I'll probably make Wednesday my last FL. I don't have 9 though. I bought the full membership, but it only came with 3,4,5, and 6r I think. (I also have 1g from EK) Anyway, I'll probably do one every other day or so until the 16th. Hopefully we won't burn out.

Speaking of burnout, I find when I'm taking the practice FL's, that I totally zone out during the BS section. I take the breaks like in the real thing, only not a full hour for lunch. I'm wondering if maybe that's why I zone out during BS. Anyone else having this issue? I just hope this doesn't happen on the real thing.

its really annoying having to take teh 1 hour lunch break. feels like a waste of time, since i'd like to finish as soon as possible. but i still do it, otherwise i don't think my bio score would be as reflective.

I am doing the exact opposite as you guys. I did most of the full lengths over the past couple of weeks. Since i have my timing and strategy down, i am just going to focus these last two weeks on studying my weak spots while taking a full length on the last two saturdays. Taking full lengths wont help you unless you have a good mastery of the material. I guess different strokes for different folks.