1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

good idea or bad?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Omyss, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Omyss

Omyss Member
    2+ Year Member

well with exatly 15 days before the MCAT, i was thinking of doing a total of 8 FL practice tests (4 kaplan, and 6 AAMC)...i am kind of wondering if this would be a bad idea, and could potentially burn me out. I would be doing 2 maybe 3 FL tests back to back at one or two times during the next two weeks.. so do you think this is a bad idea and lead me to burn out, or increase my stamina and be better for me as a whole??

Also what do you guys think is the minimal number of days i should leave between my last FL practice test and the real thing? i was thinking of taking 9r on the 17th.

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Shejeboshease

Shejeboshease Member
    10+ Year Member

I would probably do the same thing..take as many full lengths as possible until the day before the test day. i still have to take about 8-9 fulllenghts.
    i would probably take aamc 9 on the weekend before the test day, this way i'll have time to prepare more according to my score. its gonna be long three (almost) weeks.

4. lytesnsyrens

lytesnsyrens The Phoenix...
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I'm in the same boat. I have to fly to Melbourne for the test on Thursday the 17th, so I'll probably make Wednesday my last FL. I don't have 9 though. I bought the full membership, but it only came with 3,4,5, and 6r I think. (I also have 1g from EK) Anyway, I'll probably do one every other day or so until the 16th. Hopefully we won't burn out.

Speaking of burnout, I find when I'm taking the practice FL's, that I totally zone out during the BS section. I take the breaks like in the real thing, only not a full hour for lunch. I'm wondering if maybe that's why I zone out during BS. Anyone else having this issue? I just hope this doesn't happen on the real thing.

5. bananaboat

bananaboat Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

its really annoying having to take teh 1 hour lunch break. feels like a waste of time, since i'd like to finish as soon as possible. but i still do it, otherwise i don't think my bio score would be as reflective.

6. IckeyShuffle

IckeyShuffle MS1 t-minus 1.5 months..
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am doing the exact opposite as you guys. I did most of the full lengths over the past couple of weeks. Since i have my timing and strategy down, i am just going to focus these last two weeks on studying my weak spots while taking a full length on the last two saturdays. Taking full lengths wont help you unless you have a good mastery of the material. I guess different strokes for different folks.