Good idea? Your 2 cents :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bearsfosho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am getting emails that are acknowledging they are receiving my apps and I have also gotten 3 different interview invites (NYCPM, Cali, Temple), but my question is I wanna wait to see what my status is at all the 8 schools I applied to.

Do you think its a good idea to wait till say november possibly even december to go to these interviews? I get out of school on the 7th of december. (Just a small factor in all this)

Or should I go ahead and go soon hopefully get my acceptance and then sit back and relax? What are some of you doing?

Please lets discuss and see what everyone thinks.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

yes, I think its fine. I rescheduled some of mine for the same reason.

As long as you are a strong candidate the only thing you have to consider is the amount of scholarship money available. The scholarship money may begin to dwindle as time goes on. A friend of mine who I believe has comparable stats interviewed about a month earlier than me and received $500 more in money for the first semester. I don't know what criteria is used to distribute scholarship money for other schools and I am not exactly sure the criteria my school uses (I just know my friend got more money). Bottom line: if waiting to interview gives you a better shot at a school you will be happy with by all means do that. A little free money in the short term is definitely not as important as finding the school that fits you, I just wanted to throw it out there though. Also by waiting til December when school is done you can focus on interviews and not have the stress of school. Many (maybe most) schools will probably stop interviewing around mid december and start again at the first of the year. You can call the schools to find out interview dates if you don't already have them from the interview packets...ok I rambled long enough

I interviewed in March and there was no problems with any classes filling up. I also wanted to hear from all the schools before I took them up on the interview offers. The offers will always be there -but the scholarship money might not.

Good luck.